Massachusetts, you made us proud. You have destroyed Pelosi’s ability to ram health care insurance deformation down our throats.
All we can say, here at O-t-c, is “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Massachusetts, you made us proud. You not only voted for Scott Brown, but you did so with such ferocity that it was an ACORN-SEIU-proof vote. No Black Panthers could stop this train. No SEIU thugs could beat you into submission. None of the President’s minions could stop We the People.
As in the formative days of this country, Massachusetts, you have led the way!
What a difference a day makes. It almost – not quite – makes us think about retiring this blog! Of course, that would be premature. We cannot rest until the Obama-Pelois-Reid hydra is removed from the seats of power and America can once again breathe free.
But what a night! What a night.
While it’s all still preliminary, it appears that the conservatives are having a good day with this election cycle. All we can cautiously say is: Hooray!
We want to send a special salute to the following people, in order of importance:
- James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles (with honorable mention to Andrew Breitbart & Company and FoxNews) – You two are heroes in our book. Because of you, Acorn was sidelined. In close elections, Acorn could be counted on to be a difference-maker in terms of phony-baloneyism. You two did the hard work and with the help of Breitbart and FoxNews, you put enough heat on Congress to kill their funding. The power of this cannot be overstated. It’s huge. Kudos and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
- The Town Hall attendees and the Tea Party folks – You have taken the tactics of the Left, and applied them – with class and style – to speak truth to power. May we continue on our way. May this be a harbinger of things to come.
- FoxNews – not just for being fair and balanced – but for bringing stories that truly showed Americans of all stripes how sycophantic other so-called newspuppy organizations are. While they were content to be patted on the heads and be told, “Good girl! Good girl!,” you faced the ire of the White House, you took the slings and arrows of others in the media, until the White House overreached even beyond the point the that “good girls” could accept (when they tried to cut FoxNews from the pool), and they were shamed into supporting the First Amendment instead of their fearless leader.
- Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Laura Ingram, Michelle Malkin, and the raft of others in talk radio, the blogosphere, etc.
The current has not yet fully turned. And we don’t know how Obama and his evil Witch in the attic, Pelosi will take this election. So we’re not celebrating just yet. And we are also still very mindful of how the GOP sided with what’s her face – Scozzafava – until it became clear to all that she was no conservative – should never have been the Republican nominee.
We hope the GOP has learned from this that they need to be true to the core of conservatism; otherwise there will be a third party for conservatives who have felt for a very long time that they’ve had no real political home.
But tentatively, this is a very good night indeed.
The IOC has made its decision. The Olympics will not be held in Chicago.
It will be held in Rio de Janeiro. Woo hoo! We love the DrudgeReport’s headline:
We view “Obama’s failure” as an American victory.
Not just because we despise this President. We view it as an American victory because of the reasons we despise this President.
- We do not believe he is a patriot of America. Instead we believe he is a reformer deformer, aiming to turn our country into Amerika, which would be modeled on the old U.S.S.R. Anything that causes this President to fail is thus a wonderful thing, just for this reason alone.
- Obama will not be able to use the Olympics the way we believe he intended. Fairly or unfairly (thanks again, Maureen) we see in our minds that the real reason he wanted the Olympics badly enough to go abroad for four hours, to put his prestige on the line, Read more
We have a few friends who are liberal. And when we say liberal, we mean LIB-ER-AL! Hard core. Refuse to look at anything other than what supports their preconceived notions. That kind of liberal.
Obviously, there’s no way to have a reasonable debate, let alone a sane discussion with such people, whether they be friends, family, or anyone else. You simply cannot persuade an ideologue, period. And at Off-the-cliff.com, we know this, though sometimes we kind of forget.
It amazes us that liberals can, as one of our friends does, say, “I don’t like some of the things that Obama is doing, but I still trust Obama.” Say what?
When Bush betrayed conservatives in his second term, conservatives dropped him like Read more